Grief & Bereavement Counseling
Bereavement and grief involve an unpredictable roller coaster of emotions that may change abruptly. Denial, despair, anger and fear are just a few of the emotions on the roller coaster. The journey of bereavement and grief is different for each individual.
The process of adapting to a loss involves the understanding that one size does not fit all and our journeys are different. Life involves various types of losses.
Common symptoms of grief can be physical, emotional or social.
A few common symptoms in these categories are:
- Crying and sighing
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Feelings of sadness and yearning
- Feelings of worry or anger
- Feelings of frustration or guilt
- Feeling detached from others
- Self-isolation from social contact
- Behaving in ways that are not normal for you
If you are experiencing grief-related thoughts, behaviors or feelings that are distressing, please contact me to begin the process of healing.